• Plastic PET water bottles release 2.5 million tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere every year.
• 38 billion water bottles end up in landfills each year, in the United States only. That’s more than 2 million tons!
• Most plastic PET water bottles are manufactured in places with limited water suppliers like California. Plastic water bottling even created a water shortage in Pakistan!
• Plastic waste ends up in the ocean and kills 1.1 million marine creatures every year.
• Plastic PET water bottles contain chemicals like Bisphenol A (BPA) and antimony that can cause reproductive issues, dizziness, asthma, or even cancer.
• Lower the amount of waste in landfills
• Reduce or eliminate harmful chemicals
• Protect animals and their natural habitat
• Be fully recycled
• Save you thousands of RM
• Fulfil your company’s corporate social responsibilities (CSR)
|Plastic PET Bottles||Comparison||Glass Bottles|
|Oil, natural gas, chemicals for processing||Materials||Liquefied sand, soda ash, limestone, recycled glass|
|BPA & other chemicals with estrogenic activity||Harmful chemicals||None|
|Combusted for energy or sent to a landfill, decomposes only after 500 years||Where they end up||100% recyclable into new bottles|
|Not reusable, thrown away after each use||Reusability & Durability||Reusable for at least 1 year of usage|
|100 plastic bottles x 431g of CO2e = 43,100g CO2e||Carbon Footprint (100 usages)||1 glass bottle reused 100 times x 562.5g of CO2e = 562g CO2e|
You could have this automated process happening at your hotel every day:
“A million plastic bottles a minute: world’s plastic binge ‘as dangerous as climate change” – The Guardian
“Plastic: WHO launches a health review” – BBC News
“Plastic water bottles causing flood of harm to our environment” – Huffpost
“Is it safe to drink from plastic bottles?” – U.S. News
“Hong Kong throws away 5.2 million bottles every day – is it time to ban sale of plastic disposables?” – South China Morning Post
“Assembly President launches new initiatives to purge plastics and purify oceans” – UN News
“Plastic and how it affects our oceans” – ABC News
“The stark truth about how long your plastic footprint will last on the planet” – The Telegraph